I pull up at mums and she says hi grabs my daughter and asks how the trip was. No "you look fabulous" NO "wow you have lost weight" NO RESPONSE WHAT SO EVER! That really hurts...
I proceeded to take everything in from the car up to the room and by the end of the drive and unpacking was exhausted so i grabbed a bottle of water and went to sit down. "Are you having a champagne" My response was "no thanks , I will just have water" ............ That was the start of it, How could i go down and not drink, "For god sake Andrea, just have one, it wont kill you". or "We'll see how long this diet lasts".
Now any other time i would give in and JFDI and have the drink so i don't get ridiculed all weekend, but i was determined this time and for me CONSISTENCY WAS THE KEY.
To top things off tea for the first night (knowing i am on this journey of weight loss) was salad smothered in dressing, none kept aside for me. With enchiladas covered in cheese and dripping in oil. I still wonder today was she doing it to sabotage my journey, and if she was "IT DIDN'T BLOODY WORK".
I learnt from the weekend
- I don't need anyone to tell me I am losing weight and looking good as i look in the mirror and i can see the changes.
- That my name of FITNFAB4XMAS will stand to show them all
- Next time I take my own food down
- and the last is that i am so proud of myself for being able to get through the weekend and still be able to lose weight this week.
- I love coming home!!!!!!!